Friday, July 9, 2010

Well, I have decided to start another blog. I really enjoyed my first blog, Robots in the Dust. It was a great way to document the weird and productive life that Christina and I live, both for ourselves and the rest of the world. Facebook pretty much sucks for this kind of thing, and I can't seem to keep a regular website going, so here I am, back at Blogger.

This will be a "general-purpose" blog. A journal of sorts. A record of the strange life we lead. A place to let the world know what Christina and I are doing, building, working on, thinking about, reading, aspiring to, and where we are going.

Some themes that I expect will emerge through this blog are....
• Having a kid and what that means.... (yep, that's right.... Christina and I are expecting a little munchkin in October! I am pretty damn excited.... and weirdly NOT nervous...)
• The challenges of trying to make art, and make a life at the same time.
• The pros and cons of rural life, as compared to urban life. I have lived them both, and there are substantial differences!

I'll start off, in the first few posts, with a slapped-together attempt at a recap of some of the things we have been up to recently, including our recent trip to Big Sur, our currently running gallery show, the new baby room we are building, etc etc.

Thank you for tuning in. I will try to keep you all entertained!
I'll sign out of this first post with what might be the best picture ever taken of Christina and me, shot by our friend LadyBee....



So stay tuned, kids!
Cheers,
Christian

2 comments:

  1. Great, Christian. I'm excited to be able to read another of your consistently entertaining and intelligent blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this will be a marvelous way to keep up with you, Christina and the new little kidney bean - and I am very excited that you have decided to embark on this !

    love,

    cathleen

    ReplyDelete